Thursday 5 June 2014

Success requires Consistency


Consistency for Success!


Do you have Consistency at work for you to be successful?


success requires consistency
Success requires Consistency


  • Being Consistent is the key to Success! By my experience of life, which is around 21 years and my fathers experience which is roughly 60 years, which makes the total experience of around 81 years. I can say consistency is the only master key to Success!
  • If you are very talented, great at your work, you may get appreciated for that, or even get short time success! But is that all you need? No! Even the greatest ever talent in cricket 'Sachin Tendulkar' is such a great name today because of his Consistency.
  • When I was a kid, I used to play chess every evening for around 2 hour with my dad, from 8pm to 10pm. I was so Consistent with it because my dad came home at around 7pm and after his evening snacks we used to play chess.
  • Because of this routine I won Chess Championship at my school, then City and later won the district mega event. So that was my first lesson which taught me "Success requires Consistency"
  • So, what more does Consistency have for you? Its a long list...
Consistency gives success
Consistency is my key to Success

Benefits of Consistency:

1. Consistency helps you be a Leader

  • If you are an entrepreneur or a leader for you being Consistent is most important! If you as a leader are not Consistent with your work, you should not expect your employees or followers to be consistent either.
  • If they are your followers, then I am afraid, you may lose your followers, as they will get an impression that you are not much interested in the job.

2. Consistency helps you test your ability

  • Suppose you are a painter and your first painting became a big hit, then you made 2-3 more but they didn't perform well. So you stopped making more. What happened here is you lost your consistency. Remember talent can give you initial success but consistency guarantees greatness and of course Success to the fullest!
  • Now after a few years people find your painting on some website and they search for your name in the quest of finding some more paintings of you.. But how many do they find? 3 or 4?
  • You have not even tested your ability of being a artist if you are not Consistent with it. And I promise you if you have consistency, success follows.

3. Consistency makes you Accountable


  • I just narrated my story about me playing chess for 2 hour every day. I did that because I loved it! My father knew my accountability to playing Chess because he saw my Consistency with it..
  • He knew I will arrange all the player on the board before 8 o'clock in the evening. That was me who started these evening Chess sessions, but my father was the one who encouraged me to just play it without any expectation of winning any kind of trophy.
Talent, fortune, flattery, recommendation etc may give you short term success, with these principles you will ultimately reach a plateau! Success requires Consistency.. 

Share this

0 Comment to "Success requires Consistency"

Post a Comment